I just accessed the Google jobs site and found some job opennings at the local office, to all who are interested in following up and think its a wise move for them, go ahead and make hay while the sun shines.
This is good because I had accessed the site some weeks earlier and they had not yet posted any jobs.
The following jobs are up on offer. Please note that the site was accessed on the 22nd September 2007 and I have no guarantee of when these opennings will close. The jobs are as follows:
• Administrative Associate – Nairobi
• Associate Product Marketing – Nairobi
• Geographic Consultant – Nairobi
• Geographic Supervisor – Nairobi
• Strategic Partner Development (SPD), Local Markets – Nairobi
• Technical Lead (Technical Solutions Associates/Engineers) – Nairobi
• Technical Support Associate, Google Applications – Nairobi
Personally, much as I admire to be a Googler (and I know I can be and probably one day, will be!), I have a few hops to take before I can say with confidence that I can have all the requisite skills. So I have laid out a strategy that will lead me to places where I can learn what I need to learn by leveraging what I already know!
All the best to all who try out for these jobs. One caution though, from the perspective of someone who has interviewed with Google…, please make sure you know your stuff and not only know stuff but can think well beyond the box! From my experience I think for a Technical/Engeneering job you really need to revisit your Data Structures and Algorithms notes especially Algorithmic Problem Solving. I am taking a DSA class this semester and that’s really exciting!
Long live Google!